Turns out we have 3 more coached swimming sessions this week! Our usual time on Tuesday/Thursday & Saturday. If you would like to bring your kids along with a supervising adult (ie. kids plus parent or grandparent) to Saturday’s swim please do.
Swimming starts back up on January 6th and we would like to add Sunday evenings to the options, but require some help with coaching duties – this can be a shared responsibility. Get the word out to folks with swimming expertise and if also a qualified lifeguard even better (but not necessary)!
Strength & Stability workouts as usual this week.
Up & Coming:
Save the date for a Triathlon Clinic in partnership with Kinesiosport Lab on Saturday, February 14th…more details to be announced soon.
Keep looking for some good snow conditions, as member and xcountry ski coach Kjerstin Baldwin will be offering a session for members to learn skate skiing in the New Year. Date and details to be announced soon! We’ll also try to get out snow shoeing as soon as it snows :)!
We’ll soon be sending out a short survey about group training program options + clinic topics for 2015. Likely we will have the following offerings, dependent on participant demand and leaders available:
- Learn to Run (Tanya McInnis – leader)
- Indoor Cycling Sessions- leader needed
- Spring Half Marathon (Fredericton/Bluenose) – program provided- looking for a leader for the long runs
- “My First Triathlon” (will start in April/May and goal event will be Aylesford or Bridgetown) – looking for experienced cycling, and run leaders- program will be provided (looking at working with Kinesiosport Lab)
- Triathlon + Half/Full Spring Marathon-training group with a periodized program if enough interest in similar goals
Hope to see everyone this week!