BMC Fall Activities
BMC Membership Benefits
(Membership is currently $10 to end of 2017 and can be arranged by e-transfer or cash with firstname.lastname@example.org).
• Recreation Nova Scotia Insurance when engaged in club-sanctioned activities such as runs, rides, swims, bricks or other group activities.
• Corporate Membership price, currently $235, for a facility pass at Acadia (Regular price currently $444.00) …. a savings of $209.00.
• Coaching for one BMC event each week, focus depends on time of year e.g. technique improvement, fitness, bike / run “brick” workouts, open water swimming. Additional fees may be charged for some programmed activities that involve extra costs e.g. facility costs.
• Opportunities to take part in special programs/clinics/workshops as they arise (additional fees may apply to cover costs)
• Password to access OYO (On Your Own) workouts on the website.
• Information on other opportunities/activities happening in the community that may be of interest.
• Social events
Answers to FAQ:
- The Sunday am Fitness Swim through Acadia does not require a BMC membership, but the OYO (On Your Own swim workouts online do). Advanced swimmers with the club will have lane space and workouts suitable for their goals and level. This program begins October 22nd and runs for 8 weeks.
- Acadia Corporate Membership gives access to the pool, both indoor and outdoor tracks and the weight room/fitness centre, as well as reduced member prices for fitness classes.
- Monday night rides will begin September 18th. Meet at the back of the Acadia Athletic Complex parking lot at 5:30 with lights and a bike suitable for dirt roads and crusher dust trail. This is a no drop ride and suitable for all levels…it will nt be technical riding. Membership to BMC is required to be covered by insurance.
- Trail Running is not a sanctioned BMC activity but led by our own awesome Shelley Parsons on Wednesday evenings. Sign up on the Valley Trail Running FB page to get the scoop each week.